The Youth exchange: “Let’s EVS”
Want to travel to Málaga, South of Spain, and combine useful workshops with vacation? You want to meet many internationals and at the same time discover its local historical places? Then this about right for you!!
When? 18 – 25 September 2017.
During the youth exchange we are going to pass through the process of an EVS (European Voluntary Service), representing its steps in several activities.
- Go deeper in all the concept of volunteer and the importance of volunteerism in society building.
- Create a new tool that can help future volunteers to choose one EVS project at the same time that helps associations to improve their pre-departure process.
- Work about the skills, knowledge and attitude that will help future EVS volunteers in the service.
- Work in the process of problem solving and conflict management.
- Learn basics about project management.
- Develop participant’s social skills using non-formal education.
- Encourage intercultural learning.
- Develop the concept of personal leadership.
Who can participate ?
Six ex-volunteers from six different countries are going to be our leaders. Accompanying them we will also select other 4 young people from each country (Belgium, Slovakia, Finland, Hungary, Portugal and Spain) aged from 18 to 30 years old and interested in EVS program (having been participants before or pretending to be a volunteer soon).
It is free !
- Within limits and conditions set by Erasmus + Program, you will be reimbursed for your travelling expenses.
About the location
Málaga, capital of the province of the same name, is the fifth most populated city un Spain. It is located in the south of the Iberian Peninsula, in a privileged spot. The city covers 398.25 km2 and has a population of almost 568,000 inhabitants, although almost a million people live in the metropolitan area.
September in Málaga is another month of summer. Temperatures are still high, with an average daytime maximum temperature of 30ºC and an average overnight minimum of 20ºC.
During this Youth Exchange we will stay in “La Noria”, facilities placed in the heart of the city which are given by Malaga’s provincial government to social projects related to youth.
La Noria is a lovely location surrounded by green gardens in a protected environmental Around La Noria you can find all you need, a supermarket, a Tobacco shop, a market open till late, a pharmacy and a bus stop which will get you to the city centre in 20 minutes.
How to apply?
- Send us your CV and Motivation Letter at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Don’t hesitate to contact us for additional information!